Coach Administration Checklist
Upon assignment of team
- Register as a Scorpion coach through ScorpionLacrosse.org
- Provide practice and game scheduling preferences to our scheduling group via
- Complete US Lacrosse CEP Online Level 1 Course
- Complete PCA Workshop Online or in person
- Assign a team manager to accomplish the following tasks:
- Obtain and distribute a roster. Only rostered players can play. An unrostered child is not medically insured
- Create and distribute a team contact list with contact numbers, email addresses and other relevant information
- Create a snack schedule to assign responsibility for bringing water and snacks for half time to a different family each weekend
- Assign 1-2 statisticians for the team. Ensure game assignments are made ahead of time.
- Assign a team parent for pre-game confirmation activities.
- Assign a Sideline Manager for each game.
- Pick up coaching equipment provided by the club (First aid kit, balls, cones, pinnies).
- Conduct a parents meeting (a sample meeting agenda for the Parents Meeting in the Coach's Corner)
- Conduct a players meeting (depending on the age group)
- Assign a Team Parent to manage and execute the pre-game protocol for boys or girls
- Distribute official club Attendance Policy
- Distribute Timer & Scorer instructions to applicable team volunteers.
During the Season
- Bring a valid Coaches Card to your games.
- Update your standings and manage statistics using the Scorpion Lacrosse website team management guide
- Ensure that your team parent executes the pre-game protocol for boys or girls